One last time!





I walked across the campus, towards my class, my final year engineering day. The hour hand at the watch said 8 PM, and there was not even a single trace of any life in the college, except for a few juniors as they had exams.
Another ten steps, and there was our class with the doors shut. Had a wish that the time stops at that very moment, but it never happens, the seconds hand ticked heavily, and I opened the doors of the class for one last time.
But there was no one there, just empty desks, and me. Looking at the walls, and the desks, all empty, where the torture classes were held, and the last benches, where we had fun, laughed, kicked out, hiding from the teachers, pleading for attendence, million memories rolled like a movie into my mind and there was complete silence for a moment.. and I smiled and laughed!
The entire class was still there alive, the last benchers sleeping, the teacher in their own world, first benchers copying the notes, me occasionally scribbling something on my notepad, making some bad sketches, or just sleeping.
The reality, there wasn't anybody there, just the deserted corridor
Wanted to attend one last lecture, but this time there was no one to take that last lecture, and there was that door, open, and we wished all the time, to run away, to bunk, but this time it wasn't.
One last time, one last time, attended the class, with no one.. just ME!

Signing off! 
1405159

Popular Posts